Recently, Xymbot’s customer service and marketing department has released a public survey to lead us know the expert opinion about digital transformation current role, vision and expectation in multiple industrial sectors on the coming years.
Today, we want to discuss some preliminaries results with the our community:
1. Companies are not filling well prepared yet, but they are committed with digitalization challenge.
According with the results, 55% of the participants feels that the companies of their sector have lack of awareness if we talk about Digital Era beyond Industry 4.0 and Industrial Internet as it can be appreciated on figure 1.a). This is a worrying affirmation, due to 75% of the participants comes from manufacturing, IT & process automation and Computer science sectors. On the other hand, figure 1.b) shows with the same percentage (55%) companies’ commitment with the Digital Transformation roadmap.
2. Executives are confidence with the business value behind digitalization initial investments.
More than 90% of the participants believe that digitalization strategies could bring improvements on the productivity, sustainability, & products quality; competitive advantages, customization and transparency, among other new business values as it shown in the figure 2.a). Furthermore, they highlight the potential of data- & customer-centered approaches, as well as, innovation-based technological solutions a key aspect to be taken into account to provide a unique value proposition to their customers (see figure 2.b)).
3. Investing and supporting their experts as best policy to succeed on the digitalization roadmap.
Nowadays, many companies feel that they have already invested in several digitalization initiatives: acquiring, implementing or adapting many solutions from the marketplace as it can been appreciated on the figure 3.a). However, many of them have figured out that the best policy to succeed in the digital transformation roadmap is to build a core expert team and select the right partners for the entire journey (see figure 3.b)).
4. Innovation, strategic partnerships and AI-based solutions as main succeed criteria on the digitalization journey.
For many experts, the right partner should be this one that include innovation-centered and AI-based on their vision, daily activities and value proposition as a best practice (see figure 4.a)). On the other hand, as it can be appreciated on the figure 4.b), there is not a predominant solution for the coming years, but for sure, based on the expert criteria decentralized architectures, remaining useful life, supply chain optimization and business intelligence insights has more than 50% of the vote as a short-term application (2-5 years) into the digital transformation roadmap.
This are some of the preliminaries results extracted from digital transformation community. What is your opinion about?
Please, feel free write your opinion on the post comment section.
Furthermore, If you have a different or similar opinion, you can still contribute voting at: https://www.questionpro.com/t/AQ7EAZiYPI
Thank you very much to all the contributors!
In future posts, we will be continue writing about technology and business trends for enterprises. Furthermore, we recommend consulting the following literature to continue your digital transformation journey:
- Designed for Digital: How to Architect Your Business for Sustained Success, MIT review
- The Future Is Faster Than You Think: How Converging Technologies Are Transforming Business, Industries, and Our Lives, by Simon & Schuster
- Artificial Intelligence: The Insights You Need, by Harvard Business Review
- The Year in Tech, 2021: The Insights You Need, by Harvard Business Review
- The Deep Learning Revolution, by MIT Press
- Competing in the Age of AI, by Harvard Review Press
The objective of this blog is to provide a personal vision of how digital transformation trends will be impacting in our daily activities, businesses and lifestyle.